
Before Hurricane Milton made landfall in Tampa, Florida, officials there made an effort to help a man who went by the TikTok handle “Lieutenant Dan.” The man, whose true name is apparently Joseph Malinowski, defied their attempts to disembark from his 20-foot boat and chose instead to weather the storm.
Malinowski was filmed by Terrence Concannon, who uploaded the popular TikTok on October 8 and showed him justifying his choice. Malinowski, who was inspired by the Forrest Gump character, boldly declares his belief in God in the video, saying, “God told me to come out here and acquire a boat. I’m safe with him. We’re going to get through this. He brashly said, “Hell no,” when asked if he would be donning a life jacket, stating that his yacht was the safest place for him to be.

Around 43 million people had viewed the film as of October 9, garnering both local and national interest. Authorities in Tampa were worried about his safety, but Malinowski refused to leave despite multiple attempts to persuade him. The local police said that although they would have helped, they would eventually be unable to get to him due to the storm’s increasing conditions.
Mayor Jane Castor of Tampa first said that Malinowski had been rescued and taken to a shelter during a press conference. Brian Entin, a reporter for NewsNation, swiftly refuted this, posting a picture of Malinowski remaining on his boat as evidence that he had not departed. Later on, the mayor’s office stated that Malinowski had initially decided to depart but ended up staying.

Concannon, the person who first uploaded the popular video, launched a GoFundMe page in support of Malinowski, which raised almost $23,000. The money is meant to assist Malinowski—who has been called a “modern-day pirate”—in buying a new boat because his present one has “seen better days.”
With sustained winds of 120 mph, Hurricane Milton, a Category 3 storm, was predicted to make landfall on Florida’s west-central coast as of October 9. Malinowski made the decision to stay on his boat despite several orders for the locals to leave, putting his faith and the security of his craft at risk.
Dolly Parton says she will no longer be touring and instead will spend time at home with her husband
Country music legend Dolly Parton, 77, recently revealed she’s retiring from touring but remains committed to creating music. In an interview, she stated, “I have no intention of going on a full-blown tour anymore.” Despite her decision, Parton plans occasional special shows and festivals. The iconic singer, who rose from poverty in the Appalachian Mountains, emphasizes her focus on spending quality time with her husband, Carl Thomas Dean, after 50 years of marriage.
Parton shares insights into her life, revealing how she met Dean outside a laundromat in 1964. The couple married in 1966, celebrated their 50th anniversary in 2016, and recently renewed their vows. Parton expresses the importance of staying close to home as they age.
She also discloses her venture into rock ‘n’ roll, inspired by her husband’s musical taste, and discusses her NBC special, “Dolly Parton’s Mountain Magic holiday.” Additionally, Parton collaborates with Reese Witherspoon on the film “Run, Rose, Run,” adapted from her novel co-written with James Patterson.

Leave a Reply